JCR: The Chiropractor Registration System in Japan
The Japan Chiropractic Register (JCR) was established in 2008 as an independent organization to register chiropractors practicing in Japan. Eligibility for registration requires successful completion of an educational program that meets the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines as well as local minimum educational standards (more than one-year program) and the passing of the JCR registration test. JCR makes available to the public the list of registrants and submits the list to the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (MHLW) to assist the public in choosing chiropractors who meet safety requirements. The JCR acts in this role until the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare establishes an appropriate government regulatory body.
register in the JCR category Type-I or Type-II.
- An applicant graduated from a CCE (CCE-US, CFCREAB, ECCE or CCEA)
accredited or equivalent (candidate) college
- An applicant graduated from a JAC-approved interim education program, or JAC-approved Safety Training Program/Clinical Chiropractic Program.
- An applicant graduated from a local chiropractic program (length of the course is more than one year).
- Passing the JCR Registration Exam provided by the IBCE.
- Holding a national/ state/ province license in a regulated country.
- Passing the NBCE (National Board of Chiropractic Examiners) Test Part I and Part II.
The 15th Japanese chiropractor registration exam (IBCE test) will be
held in September, 2024. Applicants are:
- CCE accredited or recognized school graduates.
- JAC approved CSC (conversion) program graduates
- JAC- approved Clinical Chiropractic Program/Safety Training Program graduates
Japan Chiropractic Register (JCR)
Address: #503, 3-24-5 Nishi-Shimbashi, Minato, Tokyo 105-0003
To Prospective Registrants
Here provides the lists of registered chiropractors who are the international (WHO) standard college graduates and JAC-approved CSC program graduates in Japan by the JCR. The purpose of releasing the lists on this websiteis to notify the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, and media the total numbers of the WHO standard chiropractors in Japan.
Please check the Type of Qualifications
- The purpose of displaying the Chiropractor List is to assist the Japanese people in choosing safe and highly skilled chiropractors.
- Only chiropractors who have completed an education meeting the WHO guideline standards as well as local standards (more than one-year program) are published in the list.
- The same purpose as above is under consideration for the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare and various other government agencies and mass media.
- Please contact us if you wish to be published in the list. No registration fees, publishing fees, revision fees, etc. are required.
- The Organization shall not be liable for any trouble personally incurred by registrants.
- In accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Organization does not use acquired information for any other purpose other than for display on the Chiropractor List page.
- Graduates of a chiropractic educational institute approved by each regional CCE which operates under educational regulations recognized by WHO, graduates of the CSC Program approved by JAC the Japanese representative organization of WFC affiliated with WHO, or local chiropractic program graduates are eligible to register with
the Register. Please contact us by e-mail to request that your name be added to or removed from the list.
|JCR Registration Form (PDF)|